Based on the current legislation (Legislative Decree 71/2011) the notarial service is due solely to Italian citizens who are permanently or temporarily residing abroad.
For undersigning notarial deeds and other services to be valid for use in Italy, foreign citizens must refer to a public notary in Singapore (click HERE to access the directory of Singapore Notaries Public).
Notarial deeds executed at this Embassy are valid only in the territory of the Italian Republic and in the Italian diplomatic-consular representations. The Italian citizen who is in Singapore and needs to undersign a notarial deed to be enforced in Singapore or in other countries he/she must refer to a public notary in Singapore.
N.B.: With effect from 20 January 2021 the documents notarized by a Singaporean notary public must be legalized by the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL), in order to be valid in Italy.
To take advantage of all the services it is necessary to make an appointment through “Prenot@ami” online booking system on our website. Payment for notary services must be made at the consular office in Singapore dollars or through NETS. To view the consular fees webpage click HERE.
The notary services offered are as follows:
- General and special powers of attorney *;
- Acknowledgement deeds for children born out of wedlock;
- Acceptance or renunciation of inheritance;
- Separation of property;
- Authentication of photographs;
- Custody of a minor to travel with a person other than his/her parents;
- Authentication of documents’ photocopies.
* Italian citizens wishing to formalize a power of attorney at this Embassy, must send at least 3 days before the date set for the appointment, a draft in an editable format (MS Word, RTF) of the requested deed drafted by the Italian notary / lawyer, to following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the day of the appointment, they must come in person at the Consular counter, with a valid Italian identity document (passport or identity card) and tax code. They will also have to provide details related to their personal residence and marital status. It will also be necessary to show a copy of the identity document and tax code of the attorney-in-fact.